Welcome to City Hall Hotel & Information
City Hall Introduction
Designed by municipal architect F D Meadows, the City Hall building was built between 1926 and 1929, and was originally known as the Municipal Building. It used to house the offices of the Municipal Council, later known as City Council, which was responsible for the provision of water, electricity, gas, roads and bridges and street lighting. Over time, other government bodies absorbed the functions of the City Council.